First semester - microteaching experience

                           Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania microteaching


During the first semester of my practices I had the opportunity to conduct five hours of microteaching activities. These were various ones because of the methods used as well as  connection with different topics and subjects such as parts of the body (Science), odd and even numbers (Maths) and even rehearsals for the Winter Show. Moreover some of the activities were static whereas the other dynamic ones - I have adjusted them to students' needs and classroom environment. Despite the fact that I have liked all the microteachings with the students and the atmosphere in the classroom was always good and learning friendly, I have decided to describe in details the activities concerning parts of the body.

In the first one students were supposed to name parts of the body that I have showed them and after that they had to point to parts of the body said by me. Thanks to this pupils could have moved instead of sitting all the time and started to be interested in the new topic. After these tasks, children made the exercise from the workbook connected with counting different parts of the body - thanks to this I could have checked if they remember all names correctly. In the last part of the lesson, we have learnt 'Head and shoulders' song starting from various drilling with some gestures and finally singing the song several times. Students were really engaged in this as well as they had a lot of fun  - me too :)

I think that what went well was that students really liked the proposed activities and were interested as well as engaged in them. Moreover, thanks to their active participation I could have realized that tasks were appropriate to children's age - I mean their type, lasting and the level of difficulty. Nevertheless, during the lesson some discipline problems appeared. There were two boys who were talking and playing with each other what have deranged the course of the lesson. Of course I have reacted immediately, but maybe it was not enough. I think that I should have talked to them more and ask them about the reasons for their behaviour as well as their needs - I will definitely do this if such  situation repeats in the future.






Komentarze

  1. Head and shoulders song is a must! I can't imagine a primary school student who doesn't know it ;) With my students I like to sing it in different pace, they've got a lot of fun trying to sing it (and show it, of course) as fast as possible.
    You're lucky that you could teach so many different subjects and that you liked them :)

    OdpowiedzUsuń

Prześlij komentarz